- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 30 mins marinating
- Effort: easy
- 200 g gooseberries
- 150 g caster sugar, to taste
- 50 ml orange liqueur, such as Cointreau
- 250 ml double cream
- 4 sprigs mint, to garnish
1. Blanch the gooseberries in a saucepan of boiling water for 10 seconds, before plunging into cold water to cool.
2. Cut the gooseberries into quarters, lay in a dish and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of the sugar. Pour over the orange liqueur and leave to steep for about an hour. The berries will make their own syrup.
3. Whip the cream and fold in half the marinade and a tablespoon of sugar to taste.
4. Arrange the berries at the bottom of 4 tall glasses, pour over the remaining marinade, and dollop the cream on top. Serve chilled with a sprig of mint to decorate.
Rate This Recipe