- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the fish
- 125 g fine breadcrumbs, fresh
- 0.5 tsp cayenne pepper
- 450 g lemon sole fillets, skinned
- 500 ml sunflower oil, for frying
- 50 g plain flour
- 3 medium eggs, beaten
- 1 pinches black pepper
For the paprika and lime mayonnaise
- 200 g mayonnaise
- 1 fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
1. Mix the breadcrumbs with the cayenne pepper and leave to one side.
2. Cut each lemon sole or sole fillets into strips on the diagonal about one cm thick.
3. Heat the oil in the fryer to 190C.
4. Coat the fish in flour, then the beaten egg and finally the crumbs; a few pieces at a time, making sure all the fish is coated in each of the three dips.
5. Place a few of the goujons in the fryer at a time and cook for about one minute, until crisp and golden brown. Repeat until all the goujons are cooked.
6. Once cooked, drain on kitchen paper.
7. Mix the mayonnaise, limejuice and paprika together.
8. Serve with hot goujons with the lime and paprika mayo and lemon wedges.
Rate This Recipe