- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 750 g stewing steak, cut into 4cm pieces
- 4-6 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 2 onions, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tomatoes, peeled, seeds removed, roughly chopped
- 50 g piquillo red peppers, from a jar, cut into strips
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 400 ml beef stock
- 1 tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
- grated rind of half a lemons
- squeeze of lemon juice
- 100 ml soured cream
1. Season the beef with salt and pepper, then dust in the flour.
2. Heat the olive oil in a casserole pan and brown the meat over high heat.
3. Remove the beef from the pan, turn down the heat and add the onions and garlic. Cover and cook until softened, 10-15 minutes.
4. Return the meat to the pan and add the tomatoes and paprika. Stir well and cook for 1 minute before pouring in the stock. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Remove the lid, add the peppers and continue cooking for a further 30 minutes. At this point the sauce should be thick and the beef tender. Scatter with chopped parsley.
5. Stir the lemon rind and juice into the soured cream and serve with the goulash.
Rate This Recipe