- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 500 g minced beef
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 8 slices pancetta
- 4 burger buns, halved and toasted
- 4 thick slices vintage cheddar
- salad leaves, caramelised onion relish or tomato chutney, to serve
1. Place the mince, garlic, tomato puree, Worcestershire sauce, parsley and a pinch each of sea salt and cracked black pepper in a bowl and mix until well combined.
2. Shape into 4 large flat patties. Place a round of pancetta on each side of each patty. Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the patties for 4 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking.
3. Place the patties on the base of the toasted buns and top with cheese, salad leaves and onion or chutney. Top with remaining bun halves and serve.
For more Donna Hay recipes and to view her range of cookery books, visit Donna Hay's website
Rate This Recipe