- Serves: 12
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 225 g rolled oats
- 225 g oat flakes
- 225 g bran flakes
- 75 g toasted hazelnuts, freshly ground
- 75 g ground almonds
- 75 g ground almonds, toasted
- 75 g desiccated coconut
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 75 g seedless raisins
- 8 dried apricots, chopped
- 2 tbsp honey
- 100 g brown sugar
- 250 g butter
- generous pinch of ground cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4.
2. Pour the rolled oats, oat flakes, bran flakes, hazelnuts, blanched almonds, toasted almonds and coconut into a large roasting tray, mixing well.
3. Drizzle with olive oil and mix well.
4. Bake for 20 minutes until golden, stirring now and then.
5. Melt the honey, brown sugar, butter and cinnamon in a small saucepan.
6. Pour the honey mixture over the baked oat mixture and add the raisins and apricots, Mix well.
7. Layer a sheet of greaseproof paper over the granola mixture.
8. Bake for 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
9. Cook and break into pieces. Store in an airtight tin.
Rate This Recipe