- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus 10 minutes cooling
- Effort: easy
For the granola crunch
- 200 g oats
- 25 g mixed seeds such as sunflower, poppy and sesame
- 25 g pumpkin seeds
- 150 g honey
For the breakfast smoothie
- 1 large banana, peeled and chopped
- 250 ml pouring yogurt
- 1 tsp clear honey
For the fruit compote
- 200 g mixed exotic dried fruit
- 100 g dried figs
- 100 g dried apricots
- 1 large orange, juice and zest
- Greek yogurt
- honey, for drizzling
Tips and Suggestions
The breakfast smoothie can be turned into a warm breakfast by warming it briefly in the microwave for a few minutes with a little extra granola added.
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4.
2. For the granola crunch: place the oats, seeds and nuts into a food processor and blend while drizzling in the honey. Tip the mixture out onto a baking tray and place into the oven for 15 minutes, or until the granola is golden-brown and crisp.
3. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool completely.
4. For the breakfast smoothie: place the banana, yogurt and honey into a blender and add about 100g (**roughly converted from 1 cup**) of the granola crunch. Blend for 30 seconds, then pour into a tall glass to serve.
5. For the fruit compote: place the dried fruit into a non-reactive saucepan along with the juice and zest of the orange. Gently simmer until the fruit is softened, then remove from the heat.
6. To serve, place two large tablespoons of the fruit compote into the bottom of four glass dishes. Top with a spoonful of Greek yogurt, then sprinkle over some of the granola crunch and a drizzle of honey. Serve with the smoothie alongside.
Rate This Recipe