- Serves: Makes 550g
- Cook Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus cooling
- Effort: easy
- 4 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 tbsp clear honey
- 2 tbsp dark brown sugar, preferably muscovado
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 225 g large rolled oats
- 55 g wheat flakes
- 30 g sesame seeds
- 45 g almonds
- 45 g hazelnuts, finely chopped
- 30 g desiccated coconut
- 60 g raisins
- 60 g dried papaya, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 140°C/gas 1.
2. Place the oil, honey, sugar and lemon juice in a large pan, and stir over a gentle heat until melted and evenly mixed without letting it boil.
3. Take off the heat and add all the remaining ingredients except for the raisins and dried papaya. Stir and mix until evenly coated.
4. Spread the mixture on two baking sheets lined with non-stick baking parchment. Bake in the pre-heated oven for an hour, stirring frequently, until crisp and golden brown.
5. Cool, stirring occasionally to break up lumps. Mix with the raisins and papaya, and store in an airtight container.
6. Serve with milk or yoghurt and fresh fruit. Alternatively, sprinkle over creamy puddings.
Rate This Recipe