- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 cloves garlic, halved
- unsalted butter, for greasing
- 500 g Belle de Fontenay or Charlotte potatoes, thinly sliced on a mandoline
- 285 ml double cream
1. Preheat the oven to 170C/Gas 3.
2. Rub the inside of an earthenware dish with the garlic halves. Butter the dish thoroughly.
3. Place the potatoes in layers in the dish, seasoning each layer with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Pour the cream over the top, then dot the remaining butter over the top.
4. Bake in the oven for 1 hour 30 minutes, turning on the grill for the remaining 10 minutes to crisp up the top to golden-brown.
Rate This Recipe