- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 6-8 tiger prawns, (ask your fishmonger to butterfly the prawns, or simply remove the head, and cut down the back of the prawn)
For the marinade
- 2 cloves garlic, bruised
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 4 lemons, juice only
- handful flat leaf parsley
- 225 ml olive oil
For the tomato and basil salad
- 2-3 handfuls or a packet cherry tomatoes, halved
- small bunch basil, coarsely chopped
- splash red wine vinegar
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
1. To make the marinade: combine all the ingredients and season generously with salt and pepper.
2. Just before cooking, put the prawns into the marinade.
3. Heat a frying pan until very hot, then place the prawns 'feet side first' in the pan and press down gently using a fish slice. After a minute or so, when the prawns start to naturally curl up, turn them over starting with the one you placed on the heat first. Add a little salt to the 'feet' whist the other side is cooking, and after around 2 minutes or so, (again they will start to curl up), take them off the heat, and put straight onto a serving dish.
4. Turn off the heat and pour the marinade into the hot pan. Allow it to bubble away for a few seconds, then pour over the prawns.
5. For the salad: place the cherry tomatoes and basil in a bowl. Add lots of salt and pepper, a good splash of vinegar, and a couple of glugs of olive oil. Taste, taste, taste, as this is the only way you will know if anything needs adjusting.
Rate This Recipe