- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus soaking and chilling
- Effort: easy
- 1 loaf of crusty bread
- 400 g minced pork
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- small handful of finely chopped mint
- 50 ml white wine vinegar
- 50 ml olive oil
- black pepper
- vegetable oil, for deep-frying
1. Firstly, break up the loaf into large pieces and place them into a large bowl. Cover the bread with cold water and leave to soak for 30 minutes.
2. Place the meat, eggs, onion, salt, mint, white wine vinegar and olive oil in a separate bowl and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
3. Remove the bread from the water and squeeze out any excess liquid. Using your hands, crush the bread to a pulp, place into the bowl with the meat mixture and mix thoroughly.
4. Cover the mixture and refrigerate for several hours until firm.
5. Form the mixture into walnut sized balls.
6. Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and fry the meatballs until cooked through and golden brown. Serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe