- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 40 g quinoa, rinsed
- 125 g halloumi cheese, cut into thin slices
- 8 black olive, pitted and halved
- 4 tbsp barley couscous
- 120 ml vegetable stock, boiling
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cucumber, peeled and diced
- handful of fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- handful of mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
Tips and Suggestions
If you cant find halloumi, use chunks of ungrilled feta instead and soak in the same way before adding to the salad.
1. Preheat the grill to high. Cook the quinoa in boiling water for about 12 minutes or according to the packet instructions. Drain and rinse under cold water.
2. Meanwhile, soak the halloumi slices and olives in water for 10 minutes, to remove any excess salt. While the cheese and olives are soaking, place the couscous in a deep bowl and cover with the vegetable stock. Stir in the olive oil and cover the bowl with cling film. Set aside
for 5 minutes.
3. In a bowl mix the tomatoes, cucumber, drained olives, parsley and mint. Add the quinoa and couscous and stir to combine. Whisk together the olive oil and lemon juice, and add half to the vegetables and grains.
4. Drain the halloumi, pat dry, and place under the hot grill for 3 minutes on each side, until browned and crispy.
5. To serve, divide the couscous mixture between serving plates, along with the halloumi slices and drizzle with the remaining dressing. Season with black pepper and serve.
Rate This Recipe