- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 3 plantains or unripe green bananas
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 2 green chillies, deseeded and sliced
- 48 seedless green grapes, halved
- 1 tbsp caraway seeds
- 7 tbsp olive oil
- 7 tbsp groundnut oil
- 7 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sea salt
1. Peel the plantains and put in a saucepan with just enough water to cover. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat, cover and poach gently for 3 minutes until just tender.
2. Drain the bananas and allow to cool slightly. Slice and put in a bowl.
3. Add the onion, chillies and grapes.
4. Combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over the bananas and mix gently.
5. Cover with cling film and put in the fridge for about 1 1/2 hours to infuse.
6. When ready to serve, drain off the liquid and arrange the salad attractively on a plate.
7. Serve with the Chicken Tagine with Almonds and Raisins.
Rate This Recipe