- Serves: 1
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 20 g coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp green curry paste
- 1/2 tbsp coriander seeds, dry-roasted and finely ground
- 1/2 tbsp cumin seeds, dry-roasted and finely ground
- 250 ml coconut milk
- 80 g chicken breasts, sliced into bite-size pieces
- 50 g aubergines
- 15 g Thai pea aubergine
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 lime leaves, torn in half
- 10 Thai basil
- 1 red chilli, thinly sliced
1. Blend the coriander leaves with 2-3 tablespoons of water to a paste and set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a wok or saucepan until hot.
3. Add the green curry paste and cook for 2 minutes then add half of the coconut milk a little at a time, stirring as you do so.
4. Add the chicken and simmer until cooked through and then add the remainder of the coconut milk.
5. Add the aubergine, pea aubergine and the ground coriander and cumin seed. Stir-fry for 2 minutes until fragrant.
6. Reduce the heat and add the sugar, fish sauce and kaffir lime leaves. Simmer for 5 minutes, add the blended coriander leaves and bring to the boil.
7. Add half of the sweet basil leaves and the red chilli.
8. Transfer the curry to a serving bowl and garnish with the remaining basil leaves and red chilli.
Rate This Recipe