- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium leeks, finely sliced diagonally
- 150 ml white wine
- 1.4 litres vegetable stock
- 115 g spaghetti, broken into 5cm pieces
- 115 g sugar snap peas, halved lengthways
- 115 g fine green beans, topped, tailed and halved
- 115 g frozen petit pois
- 2 medium courgettes, trimmed and cut into 0.5 cm dice
- 1 large bunch basil
- black pepper
- parmesan shavings
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
1. In a large heavy-based saucepan or non-stick wok, heat the olive oil. Add the leeks and gently fry for approximately 10 minutes or until the leeks have softened, but not coloured. Pour in the wine and stock, season and bring to the boil. Add the spaghetti and simmer for 8 minutes.
2. Add the sugar snaps and green beans and cook for 1 minute. Add the petit pois and courgettes to the pan, bring back to the boil and simmer for 2 minutes. Tear in the basil and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
3. To serve, ladle the minestrone into four deep plates or bowls. Top with shavings of parmesan, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and finish with freshly ground black pepper.
Rate This Recipe