- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes plus overnight infusing
- Effort: medium
- 1 unripe green papaya, peeled & sliced into 2mm thin strips
- 1 cucumber, deseeded & sliced into thin strips
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced diagonally
- 1 handfulfresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 handful mint, roughly chopped
- 80 g pomegranate seeds, pith removed
- 60 g toasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- 6 Scottish langoustines
- 1 handful cherry tomatoes, halved
For the dressing:
- 1 red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled, finely chopped
- 2 limes, juice only
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp palm sugar, heated gently on the stove to dissolve
1. For the dressing: mix the ingredients for the dressing together and set aside to allow the flavours to infuse (preferably overnight).
2. Lightly blanch the langoustines in boiling water for a few seconds, refresh in iced water and peel off the shells.
3. Pan fry or griddle the tail meat with extra virgin olive oil for about 30 seconds.
4. In a large bowl, toss the ingredients for the salad with the dressing, taste and correct the seasoning if necessary.
5. Arrange salad in the centre of a large white plate with finely sliced papaya on top, spoon the pomegranate seeds around and sprinkle with the roasted peanuts. Place the langoustines on top and serve.
Rate This Recipe