- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1.5 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 pinches salt
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 4 tbsp olive oil, (NOT virgin)
- 1 cucumber, medium sized
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper, or more depending on taste
- 1 iceberg lettuce, medium sized
1. First make the dressing: put the mustard, vinegar, salt and sugar into the base of a big salad bowl and beat them together.
2. Beat in the oil.
3. Next, quarter the lettuce, then pull it apart, letting it tumble into the bowl.
4. Peel and slice the cucumber into very fine rounds and scatter it all over the iceberg in the bowl.
5. Twist with lots and lots and lots of black pepper. Finally, using salad servers, dig down deep and toss the salad together well, so that everything is awash with dressing.
Rate This Recipe