- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Effort: medium
For the Thai Green Curry Paste
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 6 green chillies, chopped
- leaves basil
- 1 tbsp finely chopped lemongrass
- 2 red shallots
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 cm piece galangal, or fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 or 5 lime leaves, finely chopped, or zest of 1 lime
- 6 black peppercorns
- 1 tsp shrimp paste
- 1/2 tsp salt
For the curry:
- 2 tbsp Thai green curry paste, (above)
- 1 red onion, peeled, halved and cut into slices
- 400 ml tin coconut milk
- 250 ml water
- 300 g sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into bite-size chunks
- 200 g aubergines
- 150 g green beans, cut into 5 cm/ 2 inch lengths
- 6 lime leaves, or 1 tbsp lime zest
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- vegetable or coconut oil, for frying
- handful of fresh coriander leaves, chopped, to garnish
1. Heat some oil in a large wok or heavy-based frying pan and stir-fry the curry paste and onion for about 3 minutes.
2. Add the coconut milk and water and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for about 5 minutes.
3. Add the sweet potato and cook for 5-6 minutes.
4. Add the aubergine, beans and lime leaves or zest and cook for 10 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
5. Add the fish sauce, lime juice and zest and sugar and mix well.
6. Serve sprinkled with the chopped coriander.
Buy Thai Food
Rate This Recipe