- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes plus marinating time
- Effort: easy
- extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, leaves only
- 1 lemon, juice and grated zest
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 chicken breast fillets, skin removed
- 400 g wholewheat spaghetti
- 200 g raw courgettes, finely grated
- 50 g sun-dried tomatoes, sliced if large
- 4 tbsp parmesan shavings
1. In a large bowl or dish combine 2 tablespoons of olive oil with the garlic, thyme and lemon juice and zest. Season with salt and black pepper.
2. Slash the curved side of the chicken breasts at regular intervals with a sharp knife and place in the bowl with the marinade. Toss until well coated, then cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. Bring a large pan of slightly salted water to the boil ready to cook the pasta. Preheat the oven to 190C/gas 5 and heat a griddle pan on the stovetop.
4. Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook according to the packet instructions until al-dente, or tender but still firm.
5. Meanwhile, remove the chicken from the marinade and place on the hot griddle pan to brown each side, turning once. Transfer the chicken to a baking tray, baste with any leftover marinade and place in the oven for 12 minutes to cook through.
6. When the pasta is cooked, drain and tip it into a large heatproof bowl. Add the grated courgettes, sun-dried tomatoes, 1 teaspoon of olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
7. Place a mound of pasta in the middle of each plate and top with a breast of chicken. Scatter over the parmesan shavings and serve.
Rate This Recipe