- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus 2 hrs marinating
- Effort: easy
- 4 boneless pork chops, each 75g
- 1 tbsp basil-infused olive oil
- freshly ground salt and black pepper
- 55 g ciabatta breadcrumbs
- 4 tbsp flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- grated zest of 1 lemons
- 1 tbsp olive oil
For the lemon spinach:
- 225 g spinach leaves, finely shredded
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for serving
- juice of half a lemons
- freshly ground black pepper
1. Trim off any excess fat from each pork chop. Place each chop between two pieces of cling film and, using a rolling pin, bat out each piece to 0.5cm thickness.
2. Place the pork in a bowl and pour over the basil oil. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, cover, refrigerate and leave to marinate for two hours.
3. Mix together the breadcrumbs, parsley and lemon zest and season with black pepper. Place on a plate and coat the pork on each side with the crumb mixture.
4. Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan, add the pork and fry for approximately 2-3 minutes on each side or until the breadcrumbs are golden and the pork is cooked through.
5. Meanwhile, place the spinach in a large bowl and toss through the olive oil and lemon juice. Season with freshly ground pepper.
6. To serve, place a mound of lemon spinach on each plate and top with the pan-fried pork. Drizzle over the olive oil and grind over a little pepper.
Rate This Recipe