- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the tomatoes
- 8 plum tomatoes
- 1-2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, quartered
For the gremolata
- 1 tbsp capers
- 2 handfuls flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 lemon, zest only
- 8-12 green olives, pitted
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 x 200 g salmon, skinless
- freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6. First prepare the tomatoes - remove the tough green 'eye' from the tomatoes and halve each one.
2. Sit the tomatoes cut side up in a roasting tray.
3. Scatter over the chopped garlic and sprinkle with caster sugar.
4. Season with salt and pepper, then drizzle with the olive oil.
5. Sit the lemon quarters next to the tomatoes, cut side down. Roast for about 25 minutes, until the tomatoes are rich and juicy and the lemon wedges golden and caramelised.
6. Place all the ingredients for the gremolata into a food processor and blitz to a rough paste.
7. Lightly oil a baking tray. Spread the gremolata over the top of the salmon fillets and sit them on the tray. Bake for about 8-10 minutes, until just cooked through.
8. Serve the salmon with the roasted tomatoes and roasted lemon wedges. This works well when served with new potatoes and a green salad.
Rate This Recipe