- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 300 ml grenadine
- 450 ml water
- 50 g caster sugar
- 1 vanilla pod, split lengthways
- 3 pears, quartered
- 4 apples, quartered
- 6 plums, quartered
- 115 g blackberries
- ice cream or double cream, to serve
1. In a large heavy saucepan bring the grenadine, water, sugar and vanilla pod to the boil. Add the pears. Cover the pan with a layer of greaseproof paper and put the lid on. Simmer for 2 minutes.
2. Add the apples, cover with paper and lid and simmer for 2 more minutes.
3. Add the plums and gently simmer uncovered until the fruit are tender. Mix in the blackberries and cook for 1-2 minutes.
4. Remove the fruit with a slotted spoon. Turn the heat up and cook uncovered until the sauce has reduced by half.
5. Serve the poached fruit warm or cold with ice cream or cream and the sauce spooned over.
Rate This Recipe