- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp diced shallots, (or wild onions if available)
- 4 grey mullet fillets, 100g each
- 50 ml dry white wine
- 25 g butter
- 1 tbsp chopped wild mint leaves, if available
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat the olive oil in a medium frying pan, add the shallots and cook for a few minutes until softened.
2. Season the fish with salt and freshly ground black pepper and add to the pan, skin side down. Cover with a lid and cook for 1-3 minutes on a medium heat, depending on the thickness of the fish. When the fish is beginning to firm, add the sea beet. Cover and cook for another minute, until it has just wilted. Season, and arrange on warm plates.
3. Pour the wine into the pan, raise the heat and cook down until it has reduced by half. Add the butter in 3 pieces. Drizzle the sauce over and around the fish, and top with wild mint.
Rate This Recipe