- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 500 g asparagus, preferably English
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large ciabatta bread
- 1 clove garlic, halved (smoked if you can get it)
- 250 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 100 g parmesan, grated
- handfuls rocket
- salt and black pepper
1. Preheat a griddle or barbecue. Break the tough ends of the asparagus off and discard. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and griddle or barbecue until tender. Set aside to cool.
2. Cut the bread into thick slices and toast on the griddle. Rub each slice with garlic while the bread is still hot.
3. In a mixing bowl, toss together the tomato halves and red onion with salt, pepper, balsamic vinegar and the remaining olive oil.
4. To assemble the bruschetta, spoon the tomatoes onto the griddled bread slices, followed by the asparagus. Drizzle with a little more dressing and top with grated Parmesan and rocket. Serve straight away.
Rate This Recipe