- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 4 chicken breasts
- 250 ml chicken stock
- 100 ml white wine
- 1/2 small shallots, finely chopped
- salt, and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 200 ml double cream
- 5cm stick of forced rhubarb, finely chopped
- handful of sorrel, shredded
- lemon juice, to taste
1. Flatten the chicken breasts to a thickness of 5mm.
2. Pour the stock and wine into a heavy saucepan and bring to boil. Add the shallot and bubble the mixture over a low heat until reduced by one third.
3. Heat a griddle pan or heavy frying pan until very hot. Season the chicken breasts with salt and freshly ground black pepper, brush them with a little oil and then cook them for 2 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
4. Add the cream to the reduced stock mixture, season with salt and pepper then add the chopped rhubarb and sorrel. Adjust the flavouring with a little lemon juice if required and remove from the heat.
5. Serve immediately with the griddled chicken.
Rate This Recipe