- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 2 red peppers, hopped and deseeded
- 1 shallot, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 clove garlic, finely chopped
- olive oil, for frying
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 4 tbsp white stock, e.g. chicken stock, or hot water
- salt, and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 chump lamb chops
- lightly cooked spinach, to serve
1. Sweat the peppers, shallots, garlic and a pinch of seasoning with a little olive oil in a heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Once softened, add the balsamic vinegar, honey and stock, and bring to the boil. Transfer to a blender and blend on high speed until you have a smooth sauce. Pass the sauce through a fine mesh sieve and keep warm.
2. Place a griddle pan over high heat. Once hot, cook the lamb chops for 3 minutes on each side (do not use oil, as this will blacken the meat), then leave to rest for 5 minutes.
3. Once the lamb is rested, place each chop on a bed of spinach and drizzle with the red pepper sauce.
Rate This Recipe