- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 ripe papaya
- 1 tsp sichuan peppercorns
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 limes
- 1 small bunch mint, leaves chopped
- 200 g Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp clear honey
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4.
2. Peel the papaya, cut in half, and scoop the seeds out onto a baking tray.
3. Bake the seeds in the oven for 10-15 minutes, until dried and crisp. Leave on one side to cool. Pound the seeds with the peppercorns and reserve.
4. Cut the papaya into thick slices, transfer to a bowl and stir in the sugar.
5. Heat a griddle pan over a high heat. Add the papaya slices and cook for 45 to 60 seconds on each side, until just caramelised on each side. Remove from the pan.
6. Cut the limes in half and dip the cut side of each one in the juices left in the bowl.
7. Place the lime halves, cut side down, onto the hot griddle pan and cook for 1 minute.
8. Squeeze the limes over the cooked papaya and sprinkle with the ponded crisp-baked seeds and peppercorns.
9. Mix the mint and honey into the yogurt and serve with the hot fruit.
Rate This Recipe