- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 large French white peaches, halved, stones removed
- 3 tbsp caster sugar
- 300 ml red wine
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 300 ml double cream, whipped, to serve
- 110 g pistachio nuts, toasted and finely chopped
- 6 amaretti biscuits
- 30 g brown sugar
1. Place the red wine, cinnamon stick and 2 tbsp caster sugar in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Cook briskly until reduced by two-thirds making a red wine syrup.
2. Preheat the grill. Place the halved peaches in a heatproof dish. Sprinkle over the remaining caster sugar. Grill the peaches until the sugar turns golden-brown. Spoon over the red wine syrup. Return to the grill and cook, basting the peaches with the wine syrup now and then, until the peaches are softened.
3. Mix together the crushed amaretti, chopped pistachio nuts and soft brown sugar. Sprinkle the amaretti mixture over the grilled peaches. Grill until slightly caramalised, around 5 minutes.
4. Decorate with the cinnamon stick and serve with the whipped cream.
Rate This Recipe