- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 bunches asparagus
- a little olive oil, for brushing
- a little splash of mild vinegar
- 2 large eggs
- a few shavings of parmesan
- black pepper
1. Fill a frying pan with water and bring to just under simmering point. Meanwhile, preheat an overhead grill or a griddle pan.
2. Trim away the hard ends of the asparagus and peel the skin around the base if it seems especially tough. Brush lightly with olive oil and grill, turning every few minutes to ensure even browning. Keep the asparagus warm while you poach the eggs.
3. Stir a splash of vinegar into the pan of water, then carefully break an egg into each side of the pan and leave them to poach for 3-5 minutes. When done to your liking, lift out the eggs one at a time using a large slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
4. Arrange the asparagus on serving plates and top with the poached eggs. Scatter with shavings of parmesan cheese, a little salt and plenty of freshly ground black pepper. Serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe