- Serves: 6-8
- Cook Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes plus 30 mins resting time
- Effort: medium
- 340 g shortcrust pastry
- 3 large cloves garlic
- 1 large aubergine
- 2 large red peppers
- 240 ml Greek yogurt
- 2 eggs, yolks
- black pepper
- 85 g goats' cheese, rinded and thinly sliced
- 1 tsp leaves rosemary, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/gas 5. Roll out the pastry thinly. Line a greased 25cm loose-based flan tin with the pastry and prick the base thoroughly. Place the lined flan tin in the fridge to rest for 30 minutes.
2. Line the pastry case with greaseproof paper and add baking beans. Place the pastry case in the oven and bake blind for 10 minutes.
3. Remove the baking beans and the paper and bake for a further 5-10 minutes. Remove the pastry case and reduce the oven heat to 180°C/gas 4.
4. Preheat the grill. Thread the unpeeled garlic cloves onto a skewer. Grill the aubergine, red peppers and skewered garlic cloves until charred on all sides.
5. Peel the grilled garlic. De-skin and chop the aubergine. De-skin the red peppers and cut into strips.
6. In a food processor blend the aubergine with the garlic and 2 spoonfuls of Greek yoghurt until smooth. Add the remaining yoghurt, yolks and egg. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper and blend until smooth.
7. Spread half the aubergine mixture into the pastry case. Layer over the red pepper strips then spread over the remaining aubergine mixture smoothly. Top with sliced goats' cheese and sprinkle over rosemary.
8. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until just set. Serve warm or cold.
Rate This Recipe