- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus 30 mins standing time
- Effort: easy
- 2 aubergines
- olive oil, for brushing
- 1 tbsp finely snipped chives
For the dressing
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 5 tbsp thick Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp very finely chopped preserved lemons
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- coarsesea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Cut the aubergines into 0.5cm slices lengthways and sprinkle with salt. Set aside in a single layer for at least 30 minutes to allow the bitter juices to be drawn out - this process also stops them absorbing too much oil.
2. Heat a griddle pan until smoking hot. Brush each slice of aubergine with olive oil and arrange on the griddle pan. Cook in batches for 2-3 minutes until tender and well marked on each side. Arrange on a serving platter and season with pepper.
3. To make the dressing, place the olive oil in a small bowl with the yogurt, preserved lemon, garlic and coriander. Season to taste and whisk until well combined.
4. Drizzle the dressing over the grilled aubergines and finish with a sprinkling of chives.
Rate This Recipe