- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 50 g pine kernels
- 1 pomegranate
- 2 small tomino cheese, or small round goats' cheese
- 3 handfuls mixed salad leaves
- splash of red wine vinegar
- extra virgin olive oil
- 50 g walnuts
- black pepper
1. Put the pine nuts in a heavy-based frying pan without any oil. Heat gently for about 3 minutes, tossing the pan, until the pine nuts become golden. Be careful not to let them burn. Remove from the pan and set aside.
2. Cut the pomegranate in half using a very sharp knife. With a teaspoon remove all the inside seeds, discarding the bitter yellow membrane and outside shell.
3. Slice the cheeses horizontally in half - if you use a warm, wet knife, the cheese will cut easier and won't stick.
4. Preheat a stovetop griddle until very hot. Grill the cheese on both sides. Set aside and keep warm.
5. Meanwhile, put the salad leaves in a bowl. Dress with just enough olive oil to coat the leaves. Add salt and pepper to taste, and a touch of vinegar. Toss to mix, then arrange in the centre of each serving plate.
6. Sprinkle with pine nuts, walnuts and pomegranate seeds. Then place the grilled cheese on top.
Rate This Recipe