- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 2 hours 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus 1 hr marinating
- Effort: medium
For the chicken
- 4 chicken breasts
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- pinch dried red chilli flakes
For the pickled beets
- 550 g beetroot
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp caraway seeds
- 1 tbsp olive oil
For the potatoes
- 2 baking potatoes
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 150 ml olive oil
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4.
2. Prick the potatoes and place in the oven to bake for 1 - 1 ½ hours.
3. Flatten the chicken breasts, but leave the bone on.
4. Mix the olive oil and chilli flakes and pour over the chicken breasts. Leave to marinate for 1 hour.
5. Meanwhile put the beetroots in a pan and cover with water.
6. Simmer for about 30 minutes (depending on size) until just cooked. Remove from the pan and while warm, peel and cut into wedges.
7. Place the beetroot in a baking dish and pour over the vinegar. Season with salt and pepper and add the caraway seeds.
8. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
9. Remove from the oven and put the beetroot in a bowl. Add the olive oil and keep warm.
10. When the potatoes are cooked scoop out the flesh into a bowl. Add the garlic and stir in the vinegar. Slowly add the oil, beating until light and fluffy. Stir in the parsley and season with salt and pepper.
11. Preheat the grill.
12. Remove the chicken from the marinade and cook under the grill for about 5-10 minutes on each side (depending on size) until thoroughly cooked.
13. To serve: place some potato in the middle of each serving plate. Top with the beetroot and lay the chicken breasts on top.
Rate This Recipe