- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the courgette carpaccio
- 5 green and yellow courgettes
- olive oil, for brushing
- A handful of rocket
- A handful of parmesan shavings
For the pistachio dressing
- 1 garlic clove
- 30 pistachio nuts, skin removed
- A large pinch of sugar
- 20 ml white wine vinegar
- 3-5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1. For the courgette carpaccio: heat a griddle pan over a medium heat until hot. Thinly slice the courgettes lengthways, then brush with olive oil.
2. Lay some of the courgette slices over the griddle in a single layer and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until nicely charred underneath. Flip the slices over and griddle for a further 2-3 minutes until charred on the other side. Repeat with the remaining courgette slices.
3. For the pistachio dressing: crush the garlic to a paste using a mortar and pestle, then add the pistachios, a pinch of freshly ground black pepper and the sugar. Pound until the pistachios are very finely crushed, then mix in the white wine vinegar and olive oil (you may not need all of the olive oil) until emulsified. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
4. To serve, arrange the courgette strips on a large plate, slightly overlapping each slice. Drizzle over the pistachio dressing and scatter over the rocket and shaved parmesan.
Rate This Recipe