- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 40 g walnut pieces
- 8 large fresh figs
- 100 g rindless goats' cheese
- 3 tbsp clear honey
- 4 large mint leaves, finely shredded
Tips and Suggestions
Ripe figs become soft like a peach when they are ripe but they shouldn't be too mushy or they will fall apart
1. Preheat the grill to medium-high. Spread the walnuts on a baking tray and carefully toast them for a minute or two until lightly golden. Remove and leave to go cold.
2. Cut a deep cross into the top of each fig, about two-thirds of the way down to the base, and then give them a gentle squeeze to open them up slightly like a flower. Divide the goats' cheese between each fig and place them on a baking tray. Grill for 34 minutes until the figs are soft and the cheese is bubbling and lightly golden.
3. Lift the figs onto plates and drizzle a little honey over each one. Sprinkle with the walnuts and mint before serving.
Rate This Recipe