- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 x 180 g kingfish, (hiramasa) portions
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 6 tinned anchovies
- 1 bunches flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 1 tbsp salted capers, rinsed and chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped cornichons
- green salad, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to its highest tempreture.
2. Season the kingfish. Heat the vegetable oil in an oven-proof frying pan and cook the fish for 3 minutes on the flesh side. Turn over and finish roasting in the oven for 6-7 minutes.
3. Make the sauce by putting the mustard in a bowl and whisking in the olive oil and vinegar until it emulsifies.
4. Crush the anchovies to a coarse pulp. Mix them into sauce along with the parsley, lemon, red onion, capers and cornichons. Season to taste.
5. Serve the fish with the sauce and a green salad.
Rate This Recipe