- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 300 g lamb, (such as leg of lamb), cut into cubes
- 200 g halloumi cheese, cut into cubes
- 12 Padron peppers, (or alternatively 6 red peppers roasted in olive oil, halved)
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 1 tsp ground cumin
For the mint pesto
- 8 stalks fresh mint, leaves only
- 1 tbsp rosemary, leaves
- 1 tbsp macadamia nuts, or blanched almonds
- 1 cloves garlic
- squeeze lemon juice, to taste
- 3-4 tbsp olive oil
1. Put the lamb, halloumi and peppers in a large bowl and drizzle over the oil and lemon juice. Sprinkle the lemon zest, cumin, and salt, to taste, over and toss well to coat.
2. Thread the lamb, halloumi and peppers onto metal skewers, alternating the ingredients. Preheat a grill to hot while you make the pesto.
3. For the pesto: combine the mint, rosemary, nuts and garlic in a mini-food processor and blend to a paste. Add salt, pepper and lemon juice, to taste, and enough oil to bring the mixture to the consistency of pesto.
4. Put the skewers on a tray under the hot grill and cook for about 5-8 minutes, or until golden-brown on all sides and the meat is cooked through.
5. To serve, arrange the skewers on two plates and drizzle over the pesto.
Rate This Recipe