- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes plus refrigeration
- Effort: easy
For the lamb and vegetables
- 6 best end lamb chops
- 1 fennel, trimmed and washed, cut into slim wedges
- 1 pinch saffron, or a few threads
- 12 baby courgettes, trimmed and washed, halved lengthways
- 60 g butter
- 2 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 1/2 lemon
For the sauce
- 4 tomatoes, peeled, seeds removed and diced
- 100 ml olive oil
- juice 1/2 lemons
- 1 tbsp snipped basil leaves
- 1/2 tbsp snipped chervil
- 1/2 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3 coriander seeds, crushed
1. For the vegetables: Half fill a small pan with water and season with salt. When boiling, add the fennel and cook for 10 minutes. Add the saffron and cook for approximately another 10 minutes until tender. Reserve in the cooking water.
2. Place the baby courgettes in a small pan and partially cover with cold water, adding 30g of the butter and a small pinch of salt. Cook over a medium heat until the water has evaporated and reserve in a warm place until ready to serve.
3. Heat a grill pan, to very hot. Brush the refrigerated lamb with the grape seed oil, season with salt and pepper and grill for 30 seconds and then give them a quarter turn to achieve a criss-cross pattern. Turn them to the other side and repeat. For pink lamb, cook for 2 to 3 minutes and for medium, cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
4. For the sauce: Place the tomatoes in a bowl with the olive oil, lemon juice, herbs, garlic and coriander seeds. Mix gently and season with salt and pepper to taste. Just before serving, warm the sauce slightly.
4. To serve: Arrange 3 lamb chops on each plate and around them the courgettes (drained and rolled in the remaining butter) and fennel. Arrange the parsley or watercress between the bones, squeeze lemon juice on top and sprinkle with a little salt. Pour a little of the Sauce Vierge on the chops and serve the remainder in a sauce boat on the side.
Rate This Recipe