- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus 1 hr marinating
- Effort: easy
- 8 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp mint, chopped
- 12 French-trimmed lamb cutlets, (bone, fat and skin removed)
- 1 bulb fennel, cut in 12 slices
- 25 g butter, melted
- ½ lemons, juice only
- 100 g feta cheese, diced
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato concassé
1. Mix 4 tbsp olive oil with the white the wine vinegar and mint. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Place the cutlets in the marinade and leave to stand for 1 hour.
3. Plunge the fennel into boiling water for 2 minutes; take out and cool.
4. Preheat the grill.
5. Brush 2 grill pans with oil.
6. Put the fennel into one pan and brush with melted butter. Grill the fennel for one minute on each side or until lightly coloured, and season with salt and pepper. Remove the fennel from the pan.
7. Heat the second grill pan.
8. Remove the cutlets from the marinade and brush off any excess.
9. Grill the cutlets until pink.
10. Turn the cutlets over and finish cooking, usually about 2-3 minutes each side. Remove from the heat and leave to rest.
11. To make the dressing; heat the remaining oil in a medium pan. Add the lemon juice and cheese and heat for about 1 minute. Remove from the heat and add the tomato concassé and parsley.
12. Arrange the cutlets on the fennel, pour over the dressing and serve straight away.
Rate This Recipe