- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the broccoli
- 220 g purple sprouting broccoli
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 75 ml vegetable stock
- 175 ml red wine
- 25 g unsalted butter
For the lamb
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 pinches dried red chilli flakes
- black pepper
- 8 lamb cutlets, trimmed
1. Cut off the small heads of broccoli from the tougher stalks and leaves, slicing the stalks lengthways if they are thick.
2. Place a pan over a moderate heat and add half of the oil. Toss in the sliced garlic and broccoli stalks and fry for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add the stock and red wine. Increase the heat and cook for about 10 minutes, until soft, adding the smaller broccoli florets for the last 4-5 minutes of cooking.
4. Strain the broccoli and keep warm. Place the pan back on the heat to bubble the red wine sauce until reduced and syrupy.
5. Stir in the butter.
6. Meanwhile, mix the balsamic, remaining olive oil and chilli flakes together with a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Smear over the lamb.
7. Heat a griddle pan over a high heat and cook the lamb for about 3-4 minutes (exact timings will depend on the thickness of the meat and how well done you like it).
8. Place a mound of the broccoli in the middle of a plate and top with the grilled lamb. Pour over a little of the red wine sauce and tuck in!
Rate This Recipe