- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the potatoes
- 200 g jersey royal potatoes, scrubbed and sliced thickly
- 1 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 75 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 30 ml white wine vinegar, ideally made with sweet white wine
- 4 piquillo peppers, from a jar, sliced
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
For the salsa verde
- 1 small bunch flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 small bunch mint
- 1/2 small bunch basil
- 1 tbsp miniature capers, drained
- 200 ml extra virgin olive oil
- lemon juice, to taste
For the lamb cutlets
- 6 small lamb cutlets
- dashes of olive oil
1. For the potatoes: cook the potatoes in a pan of boiling, salted water for about 10 minutes, or until tender. While the potatoes are cooking, make the salsa verde.
2. For the salsa verde: blend all the salsa verde ingredients together in a food processor until smooth. Add salt and pepper, to taste and set aside.
3. < strong>For the lamb cutlets: heat a griddle pan to maximum heat. Season the cutlets with salt and pepper and rub with olive oil. Griddle on both sides for about 2-3 minutes, or until charred, but still pink on the inside. Set aside in a warm place to rest, covered, for a few minutes before serving.
4. To finish the potatoes: drain the potatoes well and then crush them with a fork, but do not mash.
5. Add the garlic, oil, vinegar and piquillo peppers to the potatoes. Mix well and season with salt and pepper. Add the parsley to the potatoes along with any meat juices from the rested lamb.
6. Divide the potatoes among two plates and serve with three cutlets per person and a generous dollop of salsa verde.
Rate This Recipe