- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 mackerel fillets
- sea salt, and freshly ground black pepper
- olive oil, for grilling
- 1 tsp thyme, chopped
- 2 tsp preserved stem ginger, chopped
- 80 g unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- dressed salad, to serve
1. Preheat the grill to medium.
2. Score the mackerel fillets on the skin side, season with salt and pepper and lay skin side up in an oiled grill pan.
3. Mix together the thyme, ginger and butter and spread over the fish fillets with the aid of a spatula. Grill for 8 minutes, until the fish flakes easily and the skin is crisp.
4. Serve with salad, spooning the butter and juices collected in the grill pan over the fish.
Rate This Recipe