- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 mackerel, fresh and filleted
- 1 pinches black pepper
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemons, zest and juice
- 600 g new potatoes
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 red onions, finely sliced
- 1 bulbs fennel, finely sliced
- 1 small bunch of flat leaf parsley, chopped
1. Season the mackerel fillets with salt and freshly ground black pepper, squeeze over a little of the lemon juice, scatter with lemon zest and drizzle them with a little olive oil.
2. Place under a hot grill skin side up for five minutes, and then turn over and cook for a further minute or so. Leave to rest.
3. To make the salad, boil the potatoes until firm but cooked, and cut them in the remaining olive oil, the rest of the lemon juice and zest, and the mustard and vinegar. Mix well, and then add the finely sliced onion and fennel.
4. Stir in the parsley and adjust the seasoning.
5. Scoop a mound of salad into a bowl, lay the mackerel fillets on top, and pour over the juices at the bottom of the salad bowl. Serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe