- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus marinating
- Effort: easy
For the fish
- 2 cloves garlic
- small coriander roots
- 100 ml coconut cream
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- ground black pepper
- 400 g monkfish fillets, cut into 12 chunks
For the salad
- 1 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- handfuls mixed salad leaves
- 1/2 red peppers, seeds removed, cut into bite-sized pieces
For the dressing
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp green curry paste
- 150 ml coconut cream
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp sugar
1. Soak 2 x 24cm bamboo skewers in cold water. Using a mortar and pestle, grind the garlic and coriander root to a paste
2. For the fish, combine the garlic and coriander paste with the coconut cream and fish sauce. Stir in the cumin and black pepper and add the monkfish pieces, stirring to coat them with the spiced cream.
3. Cover and leave on one side to marinate for about 10 minutes.
4. Cook the sweet potato in boiling water until tender. Turn off the heat and leave in the pan, without draining the water - this keeps them warm. Drain the water when you are ready to serve.
5. Preheat the grill to high. Thread 6 pieces of monkfish on to each skewer, alternating with pieces of red pepper. Grill for about 2 minutes, turning half-way through, until the fish is cooked.
6. While waiting for the fish to cook, make the dressing by heating a teaspoon of vegetable oil in a frying pan over a low heat. Stir in the green curry paste, and fry, stirring all the time, for about 10 seconds.
7. Pour in the coconut cream, increase the heat, and gently stir to blend everything together. Simmer for a minute or two, until the sauce has thickened slightly. Finally, add the fish sauce, sugar and sweet basil leaves, and give it a final stir. Turn off the heat and leave it to cool down slightly.
8. Combine the salad leaves, chopped pepper and drained sweet potato chunks and accompany with the fish - drizzle over the warm green curry sauce before serving.
Rate This Recipe