- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 125 ml white wine
- 1 kg mussels, scrubbed and beards removed
- 1 stalk lemongrass, finely chopped
- 1 large green chilli, finely chopped
- 2 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 5cm knob ginger, finely chopped
- a small bunch of coriander, finely chopped
- 2-3 drops fish sauce
- juice of 1 limes
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
1. Pour the wine into a large saucepan that has a tight-fitting lid. Add the mussels and place the lid on the pan. Allow the mussels to steam for 3-4 minutes, or until they are just starting to open.
2. Place the lemongrass and chilli into a bowl and add the garlic and ginger.
3. Stir in the coriander, fish sauce, lime juice and olive oil.
4. Transfer the mixture to a chopping board and chop until the mixture has an almost paste-like texture.
5. Remove the mussels from the cooking liquid, discard any that haven't opened. Remove the half shells from the open mussels and arrange them on a grill pan.
6. Heat the grill to high.
7. Spoon a little of the mixture on to each mussel, then grill them for 3-4 minutes, taking care not to let the paste dry out.
8. Serve immediately, as canapés.
Rate This Recipe