- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 12 best quality pork sausages
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large onions, peeled and very thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
For the crushed peas
- 200 g peas, fresh or frozen
- knob butter
- splash double cream
- 2 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
1. Grill the sausages until golden brown and cooked through.
2. Heat the oil in a saucepan add the onions and cook over a moderate heat until browned. Add the sugar and vinegar.
3. Turn the heat down and continue cooking until the liquid has evaporated and the onion marmalade has become a rich dark brown colour. Season.
4. For the crushed peas: Boil the peas in salted boiling water until tender. Drain and transfer back to the pan.
5. Add in the butter and cream and roughly blitz with a hand blender.
6. Put a mound of crushed peas on a serving plate top with the sausages and onion marmalade.
Rate This Recipe