- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus 2 hrs freezing
- Effort: medium
For the ice cream
- 4 egg yolks
- 75 g caster sugar
- 325 ml single cream
- 1 vanilla pod, split
For the peaches
- 100 g sugar
- 100 g butter, melted
- 4 peaches, halved and stones removed
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 350 g raspberries
- 4 tbsp clear honey
- icing sugar, for dusting
1. To make the ice cream, place the egg yolks and half the sugar in a bowl and whisk until pale and creamy. Place the cream, vanilla pod and seeds and remaining sugar in a pan and bring to the boil, stirring occasionally.
2. Pour half the boiling cream onto the egg yolk and sugar mixture, whisking continuously, and then pour the mixture back into the pan.
3. Heat gently while stirring with a wooden spoon until it reaches a thick 'coating' consistency. Leave to cool completely before freezing for 2 hours.
4. Mix the sugar with the melted butter and brush this over the peaches. Grill the fruit on a medium heat for 8-10 minutes, turning frequently, until browned in spots and warmed throughout.
5. Put the honey and raspberries in two separate heatproof containers and place on the grill to warm through (this will help the two blend into a warm smooth puree). Mix the raspberries with the honey and blend thoroughly.
6. Serve the hot peaches with a scoop of ice cream and drizzle with the sauce.
Rate This Recipe