- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 tomatoes, (large and ripe), peeled
- 5 red peppers, grilled and skinned
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tins anchovy fillets
- 1 handfuls black olives
- 3 eggs, hard boiled
- 1 bunches basil
- 1 pinches freshly ground black pepper
1. Slice the tomatoes and put them into a shallow dish.
2. Slice the grilled peppers into strips and lay these on top of the tomatoes.
3. Mix the olive oil and red wine vinegar together and pour over the tomatoes and peppers.
4. Split the anchovy fillets lengthways and arrange in a lattice over the peppers. Put a stoned black olive in the centre of each gap.
5. Arrange the eggs around the edges.
6. Scatter with fresh chopped basil or parsley, add a grinding of black pepper and serve well chilled.
Rate This Recipe