- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the beans
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
- pinches salt
- pinches dried red chilli flakes
- 200 g green beans
For the mackerel
- 4 x 175 g mackerel fillets, halved
- 1 clove garlic
- pinches rock salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp black peppercorns, lightly cracked
- 1 tsp white peppercorns, lightly cracked
- 1 tsp marinated green peppercorns, drained and crushed
For the salad
- 2 large banana shallots, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- pinches salt
- 1 medium cucumber
- 2 bunches mint leaves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- lemon wedges, to serve
1. To make the mustard dressing, whisk together the mustard and olive oil. Add the lemon juice, salt and chilli.
2. Blanche the green beans in boiling salted water for 3 minutes. Drain and add to the dressing while still warm. Leave to cool.
3. Pre-heat the grill to a medium heat. Score the mackerel's skin.
4. Crush the garlic to a paste with a little rock salt. Combine the garlic and olive oil and brush over the skin.
5. Sprinkle with the three peppercorns, before turning over to repeat on the flesh side.
6. For the salad, put the shallots in a bowl and stir in the vinegar and salt. Shave the cucumber into strips using a potato peeler and add to the bowl. Stir in the mint and olive oil.
7. Grill the mackerel for 3 minutes each side.
8. Divide the beans between 4 serving plates and spoon over the salad. Top with the mackerel fillets. Garnish with lemon wedges and serve.
Rate This Recipe