- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 large ripe pineapple, (refrigerated for one hour before grilling)
- 6 tbsp rum
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- extra maple syrup
- double cream
1. Cut off the top and bottom of the pineapple and place on a chopping board, flat bottom downwards. Using a large serrated-edged knife cut off the skin in long thin strips, from top to bottom, and work round the pineapple until all the skin is removed. The flesh will be studded with eyes of deeply imbedded skin. Cut these out with the point of a sharp kitchen knife. Slice the pineapple into quarters through the hard central core and then slice out this core.
2. Transfer the quarters to a plate and splash over the rum and maple syrup. Cover and refrigerate for an hour.
3. Grill the pineapple quarters for 4-5 minutes on each side until charring and caramelised.
4. Transfer the grilled pineapple to a chopping board and slice into three chunks.
5. Skewer each piece through with a bamboo skewer and serve warm with extra maple syrup and cream.
Rate This Recipe