- Serves: 1 as a main course or 2 as a starter
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus cooling
- Effort: easy
- 1 large aubergine
- 8 large prawns, shelled and de-veined
- 10 Thai shallots, finely sliced
- 2 spring onions, shredded
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 large red chilli, finely chopped
- handful of coriander leaves
1. Prick the aubergine. Cook it on a hot barbecue until softened.
2. Set aside to cool, peel and chop.
3. Meanwhile, grill the prawns on the barbecue until they turn pink and opaque, a matter of minutes.
4. In a large bowl, toss together the aubergine, prawns, shallots, spring onions, lime juice, fish sauce, sugar, chilli and coriander. Serve.
Rate This Recipe